Heart Month: February 2022
01 Feb 2022
Did you know that February is Heart Month in the United States? No matter what country you are based in, join the LINKS Community in promoting cardiovascular health. We'd like to kick off Heart Month with the following resources:
- Review the WHO's Guideline for the pharmacological treatment of hypertension in adults, which was newly updated in August 2021.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)'s American Heart Month Toolkits 2022 for sample social media messages and graphics, resources for public health professionals and health care providers, patient education materials, heart disease statistics and more.
- Read this six-step guide on implementing an effective hypertension management program, augmented by the standardized tools in the World Health Organization (WHO)'s HEARTS technical package.
- Read RTSL's publication, "Team-Based Hypertension Management in Primary Health Care", to learn how health systems can increase efficiency and capacity of their health care workforce through team-based care.
- Calculate the number of lives that could be saved by 2040 by scaling up hypertension control in countries around the world.
Lastly, we encourage you to check out the LINKS Hypertension Control Resource Library for fact sheets, case studies, protocols and more.